ST Snippets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snippet 3d

2 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Snippet 3d - Page 2 Empty Re: Snippet 3d

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 am

"No. Surgery will still be at 8:30 sharp tomorrow morning, but otherwise there are no calls or rounds," Chapel said, smiling at him. "You just be sure to get a good night's sleep tonight, Doctor. You need it after the way this week has gone."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://stsnippets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm

"Yeah we'll see how that goes," McCoy replied, returning the folder to her. "Call me if Matt calls with a new quote and don't let Tom cave on me. We can get this."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 pm

"Understood," Chapel said, nodding responsibly to him. "Do you have the dates for the next meeting with you so you can cross-check the files?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 am

McCoy reached into his pocket, fishing around for a moment before he stopped, frowning. "Where did I put my damn pda?" he muttered, reaching next into his briefcase. "Bet that damn kid took it while my back was turned..."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:35 am

"What kid?" Chapel said, watching him in concern. "You think it was stolen?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 pm

"I had it at the coffee shop and didn't see it after that, what do you think?" McCoy asked irritably, digging further into his case. "Damn kids and their uppity lifestyles think they can take anything they want..."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 pm

"Now, now. Maybe you left it there by accident and he picked it up for you. He might return it before you know it," Chapel suggested helpfully, reaching out to pat his shoulder. "Don't despair just yet. If nothing else, I'll have another one ordered for you ASAP. Just call me if you need to double-check your appointments, all right? It could be worse."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:27 am

McCoy gave her a look, but he resignedly closed his briefcase and checked his watch. "Fine. I'll let you know when I find out what the hell is going on. You call me if it turns up." he said, continuing to walk.
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 am

"Have a good night, Doctor," Chapel called after him, just managing to get the words in before the door swung shut behind him.

--**--

"Two minds, two souls - one and the same. Promised and bound til' death do you part."

Dark, probing eyes captured Spock's sight again in the firelight. Stonn's gaze was black and sharp, as though to add an unspoken threat onto the words. His fingers pressed with unnecessary force against the younger Vulcans', as though to remind him of who was touching him.

As though he could forget.

Their bond was reinstituted, acknowledging Stonn's new insistence on their now-dated marriage. He would be travelling soon, he claimed, and therefore the wedding was to take place before the usual extenuating circumstances. Today, it was set in stone. Today - Spock was forced to forget all previous plans he may have had for his life.

There was no reason to think that this wasn't completely on purpose. But he would never say anything of it.

The elder finished speaking - and suddenly, the ceremony was over. The group of Vulcans around them nodded as Stonn and Spock rose, still facing each other, and separated their hands only when they had stood to their feet. Stonn nodded to Spock, and, again - his eyes locked sharply on his.

The message could not have been clearer. Spock would not be setting foot on the soil of Earth again.

In the crowd, the group of Vulcans murmured approvingly at the chain of events that had now come to the instated marriage of Stonn and Spock, none of them questioning the decision that had been made. The only one who did not speak was one who stood near the front, close to Sarek and Amanda - Spock's parents. He had not moved since the ceremony began, and only slightly tilted his head toward Sarek when the ceremony was completed.

"A rather sudden call for the date, don't you think?" Lesh'ar asked simply, his eyes still on Stonn and Spock even as he spoke to Sarek. "I was not aware that Stonn had plans to leave the planet."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 am

"His announcement was sudden, but his reason was enough." Sarek replied, looking on as he watched the two that were the current center of attention. Spock's eyes met his briefly and looked away before he spoke again. "Spock will adjust. He has acceptance here."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Lesh'ar nodded, his eyes still on the two, watching as Stonn spoke a few words to the elder before turning to walk from the crowd with Spock at his side. "I wish them both well," he said simply, before he glanced over again, this time at Amanda. He frowned slightly when he saw the expression on her face. "Are you all right, Amanda?"

"Hm?" Amanda turned her head slightly, but her troubled eyes remained on her son's back for a moment later, before she turned to give Lesh'ar her attention. Her expression schooled itself into a gentle smile. "Oh, yes, I'm fine. Just a little bit...emotional."

"It is a significant day for a mother," Lesh'ar agreed kindly, though it was clear he sensed other reasons behind the sadness in her gaze. "Have you had a chance to speak with Spock recently about their plans?"

"Well...no, not as much as I would like," Amanda sighed, lifting a handkerchief briefly to dab her eyes before pocketing it again. "The plans just changed so quickly - Spock was so set on going to Starfleet...and now..."

She trailed off, and Lesh'ar nodded. She truly didn't need to finish her statement.

"I wish you all the best," he finally said, nodding to Sarek and Amanda once more before he turned to walk into the crowd.

Amanda watched him go, her eyes tearing up briefly again before she quickly patted them with her handkerchief, and drew in a deep breath, attempting to put on a good face for the group of Vulcans who were now moving forward to greet and congratulate her and Sarek.

This truly was a very...special day.

"You have sent your cancellation notice to the Academy, then?" Stonn's deep voice spoke briskly the moment he and Spock were out of earshot of the crowd behind them, walking through the city hall with his eyes narrowed, fixed straight ahead. "I trust they will no longer be expecting you when their academic courses begin?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 am

"Your announcement has left me little time for such preparations." Spock replied, his lighter voice overtoning that of his intended. "They had only just received my letter of intent before I was told of your intention to leave Vulcan."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

"Then be sure to see to that at the earliest opportunity," Stonn said without missing a beat as they continued down the hallway. "You realize, Spock, that you are not to be keeping contact with them, after this. I can't afford any complications considering the line of work that will now be expected of me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:43 am

"I do not believe that is your prerogative." Spock replied, eyes straight ahead as well.
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:43 am

"Is is my prerogative. And you will respect it as such."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 am

"Who I communicate with does not affect you, therefore it is illogical you should be concerned."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:53 am

In a flash of a second, Stonn had suddenly turned from where he stood, and stepped toward Spock so quickly that the younger Vulcan had no choice but to back up into the nearest wall as Stonn reached out to grab his wrist, pushing it back against the wall the moment Spock reached it, and securing him there.

"You will not speak to me like that again, Spock," he said, his face expressionless all save the carbon knife that his eyes had become. "You are to be my mate, and you are not to question what I tell you to do. You had your plans with Earth and Starfleet before this, but they are no longer relevant. You will cancel all plans and communications with them as soon as possible. Do you understand?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 am

("carbon knife" I liiiikeeeeee... Very Happy)

Spock kept his gaze for a moment of tense silence, the two locked together as the seconds ticked by. Spock looked for a moment like he would resist, but after another moment he turned away his gaze, signalling his submission.
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 am

"Good." Stonn released his wrist, watching the younger Vulcan's expression for a moment longer. "You will learn quickly, Spock, that human ties are not something for you to value while you are here. You have made a commitment to the Vulcan way, and you will not deviate from that path. As my mate, I will expect nothing less of you. Understood?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:04 am

Spock did not respond, continuing to look away.
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 am

Stonn stared at him for a few seconds longer, before, satisfied, he tilted his chin up and then turned away, starting to walk down the hallway. "Tomorrow we will settle the final affairs and then prepare for our departure at the end of the month. You would do well to speak with your parents about the plans one last time just to be sure there is no confusion."

He rounded the corner a second later, and was gone from sight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 am

Spock watched him go, waiting until his footsteps were nearly out of hearing range before turning and heading the opposite way.

Sarek looked up from his tea toward the door, listening for another moment before turning his head toward the kitchen. "I believe Spock has returned, Amanda."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 am

Amanda stepped out of the kitchen surprisingly quickly, wiping her hands on her apron as she took another step or two toward the door. Her face confirmed the fact that Spock had returned a second later. "Hello, sweetheart," she said, her smile a perfect mixture of relief and sadness when he entered. "You escaped the crowd already? Didn't Stonn want to stay and talk to the elders?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 am

"His business with them was swift." Spock replied, closing the door behind him. "There was little to discuss."
Christi
Christi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:19 am

"Oh...of course," Amanda said, though her eyes were still trained on her son as he walked into the house. "...everything is settled, then?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next